Thursday, April 22, 2010

New Additions.

So, today. I ran up to my local gun shop to drop off the last of the brass I had ready and put a bit more cash down on the rifle I put on layaway oh so long ago. Anyway, while I was there one of the guys there makes me an offer on the brass I have for sale. Long story short, he bought all I had which immediately went to the rifle.

I brought her home today! Squee!

Springfield M1 Garand. Feb 1943 manufacture according to the serial number. Rebarreled with a Danish barrel and brought back in the 50's by the CMP. All matching serial numbers except for the barrel of course. Even the wood has matching numbers to the rest of the rifle. Very nice. I likey. Now to stock up on it's feed.


Edit: According to Fulton's Serial number list, it's a Dec. '42 manufacture.

11 comments:

Farm.Dad said...

Congrats Jim I know you will enjoy it , and great " out of the box " thinking on the price of it .

Robert McDonald said...

Congrats. I am very jealous.

Christina RN LMT said...

She's a beauty, Jim!

Congratulations!

Crucis said...

I bought mine through CMP several years ago. Mine was built in February 1942.

Eric the Ammoman has 30.06 ammo in stock---at least he did yesterday. 150gr, FMJ, standard ball ammo.

You have a nice rifle there. I kept all the dings in the wood on mine. Gives it character.

Old NFO said...

That's GREAT Jim!!! :-)

phlegmfatale said...

Verra cool! I'm so happy fer ya!

Rabbit said...

Very nice! Stock up on Garand clips. Mine is a few months younger than yours, an April '43.

Found a long bayonet for it yet?

Yuri Orlov said...

Sweeeeeet!

Word Verification: "durtshun"

phlegmfatale said...

by the way, we'll be wanting a range report on this baby soon!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to M1 Land! Mine's a November '44 Springfield with matching barrel refinished and restocked by RRAD in November '64.

Murphy's Law said...

I've been collecting and shooting M1's for years. Glad to see another member joining the fraternity. And those Danish VAR barrels were made better than USGI ones--if the throat and muzzle aren't worn away, it should be one heck of a shooter!. Congrats!