Thursday, July 24, 2014

Range followup.

So, grabbing my meager supply of .30Carbine ammo, I, like the intrepid explorer I am, trudged my way to the range to see if the Rock-ola would shoot and shoot mostly... straightly.
 
Here's the target, at 25 yds.
 
 
The flyer at 3 to 4 O'clock is the first round fired.  I was holding the rifle at arms length away from me. I just wanted to be sure it wasn't gonna blow up in my face.
 
The other two rounds were standing supported, with the rear sight set at 100 and mechanically centered. POA was the center of the target and the rounds were hitting about where they should be for a 100 yd zero.
 
The only problem is it wouldn't reset after firing a round. What was happening was after firing the round releasing the trigger and pulling would produce no second bang.  The trigger is resetting. So, the springs are functioning correctly. The spent round is ejecting and the fresh round is loading correctly and the bolt is going all the way into battery. I'm pretty sure it's the sear. Unfortunately finding a Rock-ola sear is looking to be an issue.  I'll probably just get a generic one for now to get the rifle functioning correctly and take my time searching for a Rock-ola at gun shows.
 
I now have 42 rounds of .30Carbine left.
 
 
 

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Nice, and it's fixable... :-)

aepilot_jim said...

She is fixed! Albeit with an Inland part.