Saturday, September 27, 2008

RIP

Sadly, today I learned via Squeaky that Paul Newman has passed away.

Actor, Producer, Director, Philanthropist, Popcorn Mogul

As John Donne said;

No man is an Island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the Continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankind; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee.


My sympathies go out to his wife and family.

6 comments:

Home on the Range said...

You forgot to add to his resume "one of the celebrities that have lent their name and notoriety to anti-gun causes, speaking out for anti-gun legislation and providing a voice for anti-gun organizations."

To me that somewhat darkens the image, but I feel for his family.

aepilot_jim said...

I didn't know that. It does change things a bit.

aepilot_jim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Home on the Range said...

In reading my comment, it sounded kind of cold. I disagree with the man, but feel for the family's loss.

It would be so hard on them, losing a husband of so many years, a father. May they be comforted in all the good that he did do in life.

The Atomic Rockhound said...

I have never seen anything that he was in. I should go rent some this weekend.

aepilot_jim said...

I'd suggest Hud. Excellent movie He and Patricia Neal both give outstanding proformances. Another is Cool Hand Luke. And I like Slap Shot too.