Friday, October 24, 2008

There may be a flaw in that plan.

Every time I read a blog or forum about how much ammo to have on hand or what's the "right" caliber, someone always chimes in with the .22 argument.

You see, someone is sure to mention the TEOTWAWKI (the end of the world as we know it) scenario. At which point they say something along the lines of "Oh yeah, and I'll have $NUMBER rounds/bricks/cans of .22 for trading.

I've been thinking about this. (Yeah, I know, that's never a good sign.)

If everyone who's planning for this is stocking up .22 for trading and the people who aren't planning for this are quite possible going to suffer an inordinate casualty rate during the scenario, won't that mean that most of the people doing the trading will be the one's with only .22 ammo for trade?

Are we going to see things like this?

Survivalist 1: "I'll give you a brick of .22 for those 2 cans of beans."

Survivalist 2: "No thanks, I've already got 5000 bricks of .22 ammo. But I'll take that bottle of Tabasco sauce."

S1: "No way man. That's my last bottle. I'm saving it for when I find a Taco Bell that hasn't been looted. How about 3 bricks?"

S2: "I told you, what am I gonna do with more .22 ammo? I can't carry the stuff I have now. I'd kill for a Snickers bar though."

S1: "Tell me about it. Well, same time tomorrow Joe?"

S2: "Sure thing Sam. Give my best to the wife and kids."

S1: "Will do.

I'm just sayin.

2 comments:

Home on the Range said...

I'm not trading anyone for my last box of Ghiradelli brownie mix.

aepilot_jim said...

For THAT I'd trade my tabasco sauce.