Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Answering a request.

Yes, I am.  Don't act so shocked.  Someone asked to see a pic of the zeroing sticker on my Garand.  So, here's a quick pic of it.  Sorry for the quality, but I'm using my crappy phone camera and I was trying to balance the stock, hold the phone and snap the pic at the same time.  I needed an extra hand. Anyway, here ya go.


As you can see, it's in some sort of modern Elvish.  At least I think that's what they speak over there in Dane-land. 

They said the sight should be set for 15 clicks up from bottom and 1 click right of center.  And that was spot on.  I still don't know why the Danes gave up such a good rifle. But I want to thank them for it.

Thank you, Dane-land type peoples. It's an excellent rifle and I'll give it a good home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool, thanks for the follow up!

Old NFO said...

Interesting, 15 clicks is a bit high...

aepilot_jim said...

Yeah, I thought that too. I figure when the Danes rebarreled it, the armorer shaved a hair too much off the front sight. It's sort of like a haircut, you can't put it back on.