Saturday, December 6, 2008

A good day w/ AR build update included at no extra charge.

Guess what today was!

Nope, not range day. Every day should be range day, but that's fodder for another post.

No, today was gun show day. Wanenmacher was last month, this was one of the Sooner gun shows. Only about half as big, but there were some deals to be had.

I picked up an upper receiver for my AR build. It's a Del-Ton with M4 feed ramps. I wavered back and forth about M4 feed ramps. I've heard both good and bad about them. Some people feel they aren't necessary and some feel that they help with some types of bullet shapes. From what I've learned they shouldn't adversely affect performance so I didn't let that stop me.

I also found a deal on an Ergo Ambi soft rubber pistol grip. Nice feel with the plug for the battery compartment included.

A good day.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Sounds like a good time was had, and not too expensive!