Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Cause for Concern

I've been seeing rumors all over the web in the last couple of days concerning the incoming administrations first attempts at legislation. Particularly, it seems that it's going to take a swipe at the new AWB. Both Michael Bane and Jim Shepard are reporting these rumors coming from the hill. Others are talking about when not if for this fight. Since an ounce of prevention and all that seems to be smart, I'm going to take a moment out of today to call my Representative John Sullivan and my Senators James Inhofe and Tom Coburn to let them know my concern and stance should this sort of legislation be proposed.

I'm also going to ask that you do the same with your congresscritters. This is one of those times when I feel that leaving it up to the PAC's and lobbyists isn't enough. D.C. should know that there is a vast sea of individuals out there that are wholeheartedly against this sort of attack.

Edit: Made the calls, talked to the legislative aide for the issue in Inhofe's office, left a message with the aide responsible in Coburn's office and left a message with the office manager in Sullivan's office. I tried to sound concerned and non-threatening. But I did say I would be watching this upcoming session and how they were voting.

No comments: