Monday, April 13, 2009

I tried really hard.

Honestly, I did. I tried not to make a political blog. I even went a couple of weeks. Cold turkey and everything. But this, which led me to this, just goes beyond stupid. Does he have that little regard for what his actions say. Or is it just that he doesn't care. He's the top dog now and dammit, he's going to rub our less-than noses in it. What extant the hubris?

And why is it not reported in the US MSM? That's a UK site there. Can you imagine what the outcry would have been if either Bush had done something like this?

I fly for a living and I can tell you that the cost of each pizza after factoring in the costs of a chartered jet would keep many of us well fed for a year.

4 comments:

Christina RN LMT said...

WTF indeed!

Somerled said...

Michelle travels with her own full-time makeup artist, Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, who she met in Chicago six years ago. It's a first-lady first, and the Obamas pay her travel expenses according to the first-lady's paid spokesperson.

No doubt you know how the fare is calculated--liberally.

"Mrs Obama drew criticism on the campaign trail for looking 'angry' following fiery comments that were interpreted as unpatriotic. Some critics even warned that her perceived anger would cost her husband the election.

But a few deft flicks of the tweezers later, Mrs Obama's eyebrows had been trained into a gentler arc, giving her a friendlier appearance - a move style watchers have attributed to Mrs. Grimes-Miles."

I think I'll pluck the brows before the wife and kids come home.

Old NFO said...

Are you really surprised??? I'm not!

Easily Lost said...

He's top dog now. He can do whatever he wants, and unfortunately, there is not one dayemed thing we can do about it. We should get use to it, because I have a bad feeling it ain't over even after the fat lady sings.