Thursday, November 13, 2008

I've been gotted.

I just got back from a quick trip to KY and back. Short day, just drop a pax off and home as quick as we can. I think we set a new quick turn time. Something like 15 minutes from touchdown to takeoff.

But that's beside the point. I get home to discover I've been tagged with the bookworm meme. I must stock up on my antibiotics....

Anyhoo. OldNFO passed this on to me and joked that he hoped I wasn't updating Jepps. Oh, irony, thy name is Matilda. Apparently it's a family name.

I wasn't updating Jepps. Those pesky approach plates pilots use that are printed on tissue paper. Thin tissue paper at that. I was updating my GOM. That's a company document which is oh so much more exciting than Jeppesen plates. Believe me.

So, page 56, fifth sentence and the next 2 to 5. The numbering is a bit screwy so I'll just count to the 56th physical page rather than finding one that's numbered 56,

(ahem)

(a) The certificate holder may use actual passenger and bag weights, or

(b) The certificate holder may use the segmented passenger weights and average bag weights listed in Advisory Circular (AC) 120-27 (as revised), or

(c) The certificate holder may use the standard average passenger and bag weights prescribed for large cabin aircraft, or average weights based on a survey, if
(i) The aircraft was certficated under commuter category, part 25, or part 29 (or has equivalent data), and
(ii) The certificate holder curtails the aircraft CG envelope as prescribed in AC120-27 (as revised) Appnedixes 3 and 4.

Fascinating huh.

Right, now to spread the pain. ;-)

My 5 victims volunteers shall be:

  1. Bad Dogs and Such. She's running around the sandbox these days, but it's Army, so she'll have plenty of books.
  2. Fatale Abstraction. I loaned her the DVD's to the best series of Sci-fi in a while. (Excluding Battlestar Galactica of course) So she owes me. Hah! Hah, I say unto you.
  3. Downright Dusty. He writes good. If you'll permit me to be rural for a sec. I'd like to find out what he's reading and if that's influenced his writing.
  4. New Jovian Thunderbolt. He has excellent taste in firearms, especially rifles. That has to spill over into his reading, you'd think.
  5. And finally, but only in a numerical way. Squeaky Wheel Seeks Grease. It was a her or Caleb and I ended up flipping a coin. Either one would have a great book shelf I think.

3 comments:

Somerled said...

The dictionary jumped into my hand, Jim. It is more of a blast to read when compared to the 1896, err, 2008 Democratic Party Platform or all those health magazines laid out in the doctors' waiting rooms.

Carteach said...

Just out of curiosity, to see how I would have fared, I reached out blindly to the bookshelf at my right hand. Drawing the first dead tree remains that came to hand, I found Heinlein's 'To Sail Beyond the Sunset'. A twitch of fate would have made it 'Combat Recon' by Parrish.

Old NFO said...

Sadly, I understood exactly what you posted... Sorry bout that :-)