Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Out of Pocket.

I'm getting ready for a 5 day trip starting tomorrow. My job being my job, every now and then we get a "paid" vacation to somewhere nice. This trip sends us to the Caribbean. Yeap, that's right. I get to spend a nice weekends relaxing on the beaches of Grand Cayman with the Caymanites Caymanonians Caymanists Caymantans Islanders.

Apparently, Thanksgiving is a November tradition only in the U.S. or October, if you're Canadian.

So, I'll be soaking up the sun alone while you all are shivering away in your homes with your turkey and stuffing and ham and cranberry sauce and pumpkin pies and warm bread and yams with the mini marshmallows (mmmmm....) all the while surrounded by friends, family and loved ones.

Leave it to me to find the cloud in that silver lining.

4 comments:

Home on the Range said...

My old employer had a little er. . . mission that took us to the tropics for two weeks. Other than $25 American for breakfast, it was fab.

But I still don't consider a day in a hotel away from family and loved ones a day "off", no matter what the rules say.

Old NFO said...

Brigid beat me to it! Trade ya, you come sit in Japan, I'll go sit on the beach for ya :-)

aepilot_jim said...

I'll be swimming with the stingrays and thinking of y'all this weekend. I'll even get a couple of postcards from Hell. That's a small town on the far end of the island. Email me an address and I'll send them off to ya.

phlegmfatale said...

Ah, but jim - we'll always have the gunnuts chat drunk show. They can't take that away. You fight through it in that island paradise, why don't you?