Monday, July 20, 2009

Food for thought

Yesterday, almost unremarked, passed the anniversary of the first manned landing on the moon. Truly a momentous thing. I was 4 when it happened. But I still have hazy memories of sitting in the basement of my house watching our black and white TV.

It saddens me to think that December 11th will mark the anniversary of the last time man has set foot on another body in this solar system. In fact, it will mark the last time that man has left low earth orbit.

We reached for and caught the stars. Realized our triumph and courage, only to recoil back in fear

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

I don't think we recoiled in fear, more like recoiled in cost...

Home on the Range said...

I was in junior high I think, and paid scant attention because I was of the age that didn't interest me. How stupid is that.