Wednesday, May 19, 2010

B.O.B. Fail

No, not that kind of BOB.

As the storms rolled through my city tonight. I was up at the range watching them on the big Teewee and talking to my favorite cat lady on the phone. She casually asked where my bug out bag was. I said it was at home in the closet... right underneath that tornado like radar return... a long ways away from me. At which point she made me aware of how much all my BOB planning was made of fail at that point.

Yeah, but you see... I've got it there and..... If it was in the car.... But what happens if....

*headdesk*
I had nothing.

5 comments:

breda said...

remember next time :)

Farm.Dad said...

Its amazing how fast you can go from a " prius owner " ( Mr i am prepped smug ) to total newb isnt it . Build the best BOB there is and it will come down to what you wear gets you home or out .

Old NFO said...

BTDT- felt like an idiot too... sigh...

OkieRhio said...

Can we say "Epic Fail" sweety? I knew we could.

On a Wing and a Whim said...

Happens to pilots up here in most crashes. "Where's your emergency gear?"

"Uh, in the back of the plane in that lake?" or "In the back of the burning plane - run away! stagger! crawl!"

The older pilots are likely to point out twice, emphatically, that you've only ever got what you've got on you. Then they leave you alone to learn the hard way.