Friday, October 31, 2008

A day for a citizen.

So, I set my alarm for 6:30 this morning thinking I'd get to the voting place before the doors opened.

As I'm hitting the snooze for the umpteenth time, I'm thinking that there'll be a huge line at 8 so I should wait a bit.

I got there around 9:30ish. The line was still half way across the parking lot. I found a parking spot barely a block from the building, which was nice. The line moved quickly, which was nice too. From the time I parked to the time I walked out couldn't have been more than 45 minutes total.

The local bird cage liner and talking heads were there trying to get quotes and interviews. For the most part the people in the line were older; either retired or, like me, on weird work schedules. Strangely, the talking heads found the one young family in line and chose them to interview. It was almost like they were searching for the Lightbringers supporters and spotlighting them. I'm sure the others in line wouldn't have given the "right" answers.

Anyway, I voted without incident. The one choice I had a problem with was for US Senate. My choices there either voted for or supported the Bail Out Bill. I ended up voting for my choice based on his voting record on other issues.

Afterwards, to congratulate myself for preforming my civic duty (tehee, I said doodie) so well, I rewarded myself with a late brunch at Awful House. And bought an AR-15 lower at my local gun shop. Did I forget to mention that?

Oh, and Oklahoma ballots don't allow you to write in candidates. Otherwise, I would have so voted for Ahab/Clawhammer. In fact, I would have done a straight Clawhammer ticket.

2 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

Yeah, I went and voted Friday. counted 20 people in line ahead of me and was in and out of the building in less than 10 minutes.

Then I signed up for my CHL class. Mebbe I'll have my license for a month before they all are rescinded...

And still I hope...

aepilot_jim said...

Good luck with the CHL. Now the hard part comes. Finding a holster and belt that you like and fit you. I don't there's a soul out there that doesn't have a box full of holsters that didn't work for one reason or another. But, the search is half the fun.