Thursday, October 30, 2008

Voting Dilemma

Okay, here's the sitch.

As of yesterday, I wasn't on the schedule till after my off days. This morning, I suddenly find myself out on the road from Sunday thru, yeap you guessed it, Tuesday. After the polls close.

Now, early voting in Oklahoma only runs Friday, Saturday and Monday before election day. Just those three days. Prior to this you could absentee ballot though. And for some reason, these early voting days are still called absentee voting even though you have to do it in person. Sort of an absentee in person vote. I'd say that was ironic, but the .gov is made up of oxymorons... and regular morons even.

So, tonight, I'm going to download the voting records of my local, state and national candidates. As well as the NRA's grading of each. I ignore NRA questionaire grading and only go off of voting record grading. And tomorrow, with my picks jotted down on a convenient something, I'm going to preform one of the most important duties of a citizen there is.

By the way, for Tulsa County, early voting can be done at:

Tulsa County Election Board
555 N. Denver Ave.,
Tulsa, 74103

The hours are:
Friday - 8am to 6pm
Saturday - 8am to 1pm
Monday - 8am to 6pm

There, that's my little public service anouncement for anybody who happens to read me from Tulsa. And I hope it's also my last politics blog for a while. Although I might join Rachel Lucas in some election day drinking. And when there's whiskey involved, there may be some incoherent badly typed posts. I'm just sayin.



Edit: I changed the title because Tam's already got one up today with that title. And since I'm no where near her league in blogging. I thought it best not to be confusing.

No comments: