Friday, October 31, 2008

More meme

I'm in a meme sort of mood today. Anyway, I swung by the store on the way home after picking up the AR lower and I bought me the fixins to make a pizza.

There's nothing like homemade pizza. I'm not saying make the pepperoni from scratch, but the dough is definitely DIY-able. And depending on your energy level so is the tomato sauce.

I like making pizza's. For one thing, the cardboard you get from that 30 minute delivery place is just that, cardboard. And the other major outlets are getting pretty skimpy on the toppings I've noticed. There are good pizza joints out there. Frog N Firkin in Tuscon, Great Plains Sauce and Dough Company in Ames, IA, Lou Malnati's in Chi-town. In Tulsa I'd recommend Joe Momma's Pizza, but for eating in, I'd go with homemade.

My theory on pizza's for homemade is the crust should be thin and the toppings should be domed. If you can pick up the pizza without the toppings falling off, you didn't put enough on.

Right, anyway, tonight's effort was a pepperoni, hot Italian sausage, mushroom and jalapenos pizza, with crushed red peppers in the sauce and parmesan cheese in the crust.

Don't get me wrong. The pizza is horrendous, but the dreams you have that night are worth every Tums. My dreams tend towards the Mayan Temple/Naked Women/Pickles variety on these nights.

I'll be going to be early tonight.

3 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

wow... *gulp* that's how you make a pizza?

I'll be in my bunk...

Home on the Range said...

Pepperoni pizza before bed. .. . ranks right up there with the Alpaca and the bottle of tequila.

Home on the Range said...

I'm going to be our your way Monday night - you in??